Joined devRant on 8/23/2018
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Twitter comments are shit
How the fuck to use them? Why don't they just show one under another? If post has more than 2 replies it can be clicked to open its direct replies, some of them are shown in main thread, some of them are shown under opened thread. Some replies from main thread are shown under child thread. And to make it even worse any comment of sub thread can be expanded as well showing some random replies that could be expanded recursievly so you may end in main thread again. It is just impossible to read all replies in chonological order. Show me the moron who made this, I wanna kill him....1
Macbook keyboard is shit
Especially european variant.
I want to see any person in the world that is braindead enough to think that making short left shift if favour of having abolutely useless button there is good.
This is the most stupid decision that could be ever made.
Not only the symbols used by that button are seldom used, they also are duplicated on they other keyboard keys. But shift is used all the time and must be big enough instead of that shit.9
Why useImperativeHandle in React is bad?
I have component A. I have component B which is a child of A.
I have button in component A that should change how component B is displayed.
Usual approach is to set state in A, change it upon click and pass that state as flag via props to B.
But there is another approach via exposing ref to component B using forwardRef() + useImperativeHandle().
And then calling method that belongs to B from A. Like this: bRef.current.changeDisplay()
People on SoF and Docs say that the first way is preferrable. But no one explain why.
Does anyone know why calling child method from parent is considered bad?4
CORS is shit
Stupid useless shit that protects from nothing. It is harmful mechanism that does nothing but randomly blocks browser from accessing resources - nothing more.
Main idea of CORS is that if server does not send proper header to OPTIONS request, browser will block other requests to that server.
What does stupid cocksuckers that invented CORS, think their retarded shit can protect from?
- If server is malicious, it will send any header required to let you access it.
- If client has malicious intents - he will never use your shit browser to make requests, he will use curl or any ther tool available. Also if server security bases on something as unreliable as http headers it sends to the client - its a shit server, and CORS will not save it.
Can anyone give REAL examples when CORS can really protect from anything?32
Vivaldi browser is shit.
Simple isntructions on how to make most shitty browser ever:
1. Force users to use "really-fucking-long" password that will not match to any of their existing ones.
2. Invent some useless stupid "encryption password" (why does any normal browser work fine without that shit) and most ridiculous - automatically set it to be the same as the main password.
3. Of course you forget the pass you set because you dont remember what symbol you added 5 times in the end of your normal pass to fit their stupid rules.
4. You have to reset it
5. "Encryption password" does not reset with it, so you still dont remember it
6. Sync is not working!
7. If you think this is shitty enought, you are not right - they went futher. To reset that fucking "encryption password" you have to... ERASE ALL YOUR CLOUD DATA.
Fucking retarded piece of shit - never, never trust those morons who made this shit browser to sync any of your sensitive information.17
All motherfuckers who set their stupid website to try to send you notifications must burn in hell after they die. I am tired to setting every browser I install to always block notifications because of that stupid morons.4
Why does everything installed via npm sux so hard?
Why the fuck does any minor update in their bullshit packages either forces you to change config files:
E.g. now should be "@babel/core" instead of "babel-core" - WHAT A FUCKING SIGNIFICANT CHANGE!!! Rewrite all you configs motherfucker, that goddamn "@" in front of our shit is SO IMPORTANT that we will break everything to add it
Or breaks the code internally:
Consider the recent fail of fucking Terser [https://github.com/gatsbyjs/gatsby/...] that breaks fucking webpack and FORCE YOU TO ROLLBACK TO ANY VERSION THAT WORKS, why you nerd retards, can not run a simple dummy project BEFORE YOU RELEASE YOUR SHIT???!?!!?
Why any fucking update from *.*.1 to *.*.2 turns into hours of googling of what the fuck got broken this time??
The way that webpack, babel and other npm packages are released nowadays is absolutely retarded. I really have a strong feeling that it is better to keep old error-proof working config and NEVER UPDATE, than constantly suffer from butthurt
Of course I am sorry for all the hate and caps in my post, and have respect for guys that develop amazing stuff for us for free, but I need to share this5
Does this book worth reading?
I am a bit embarrassed, because despite it looks like a thorough 1000 pages guide, its last edition dates 2011 year.
From one point of view, it should contain core concepts that still remain the same, from the other, reading 2011 book in 2018 sounds like a not very good decision.
What would you say?8
How can I make my code clean if the language itself forces me to make such an ugly constructions?
What do you guys think about it?3
Firefox is shit
- In version 62 the cocksuckers finally removed the ability to add description to bookmarks, now there is no difference between mozilla shit browser and chrome, except chrome has working mobile version and working bookmark sync.
- Yes, firefox mobile on android does not even allow you to edit bookmarks so that useless crap can't be called a browser at all.
- Firefox shitcoded sync takes more time to sync 1 bookmark, than chrome takes to setup all bookmarks/addons/settings on fresh-install and in addition to that, it messed my bookmarks several times, so I am forced to sync places.sqlite via dropbox to syncronize bookmarks, because it is way much faster and reliable.38
WooCommerce is shit
Just try to find anything in the documentation on their retarded website and you will get what I am talking about.
A billion of unstructured links. With absolutely no sidebar or table of contents.
IMPOSSIBLE to find any fuck there.
It is far easier to build an e-store from scratch, than to customize their ugly monster.
Now look Laravel or PHPunit documentation to compare how it should be.
New gmail is shit, better make a gcloud app for linux instead of redesigning that shit billion times, you fucks8